Wednesday 19 December 2012

Flickr

Not having much luck so far this afternoon.

I've searched on Flickr before for photos of events I have participated in where there has been an official photographer, but as I recall that's all I did.

I just tried to sign up only to be taken to my personal yahoo account, so maybe at some point I synced the two? Anyway, I then found a few photos of my kids from years back on Flickr which I have no recollection of uploading, but I guess I did at some point.

Now a bit fed up with the whole thing. There seemed to be no help available and I tried searching for library images with no luck, just got taken to yahoo search.

Too tired and fed up to carry on with this today.

I think this shows my own limitations.....if I'm going to use web 2.0 it has to be as easy and straightforward as possible and it also has to allow me to set the boundaries, which is one of the reasons why I don't tend to tweet on a personal basis. I find it difficult to get the balance right between my public, professional voice and my private voice, so to make life easier I would simply avoid using twitter. I think it will be the same for Flickr.

Similarly with Prezi - I thought I would get a preview of the presentaion before it was uploaded, but there it was and it's only a title page. If I could access it I know I could edit it, but the access problems put me off pursuing this.

I suspect this will be the case for some time in the NHS, although we are all being urged to use tablets and mobile devices, so there is this constant conflict between new technology and the limitations around patient data. And then, of course, there's cost.

So, no real progress with the Things today, but a chance to blog about it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment